Our attorneys at Thomas, Conrad & Conrad Law Offices have years of experience in handling complex cases involving injuries sustained in accidents with tractor-trailers and other commercial vehicles. Some of the worst traffic accidents in Eastern Pennsylvania involve 18-wheelers. Our truck accident lawyers are dedicated to providing top-notch legal representation to clients who have been injured or have lost a loved one in any type of semi-truck accident. We fight to protect your rights and help you recover maximum compensation for your damages.
Big Truck Accidents Vs. Car Accidents
Although truck accidents and other motor vehicle crashes have some similarities, they also have many distinct differences. Due to their large weight and size, big rigs can cause substantial property damage, severe injury, and death. They may cause multi-car pileups and catastrophic injuries that require costly hospital stays, multiple surgeries, rehabilitation, and lifelong care. Many victims of large truck accidents sustain permanent injuries that leave them unable to work and support their families.
That’s why it’s vital to have an experienced truck accident attorney on your side. One of the biggest differences is that the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Act governs trucks. The FMCSA focuses on the inspection and maintenance of commercial trucks, the type and amount of cargo that can be hauled, drug and alcohol testing, the level of fatigue experienced by drivers and many other safety issues.
In cases involving negligent truck drivers, most trucks are equipped with “black boxes” that can assist with the investigation. Our legal team has the knowledge and resources to conduct an investigation of your case immediately, which can give you the upper hand and help you prepare for anything that may come your way.
How A Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help In Pennsylvania
If you’ve been injured or have lost a loved one in a truck accident, it’s important to act quickly. The sooner you contact an attorney, the better. Insurance companies are in the business of making money and will offer a meager settlement that may not come close to covering your accident-related damages in the long run. Do not give a statement or sign anything from an insurance company before speaking with an experienced truck accident attorney.
We understand how to accurately calculate your lost wages, medical expenses, property damage, pain and suffering, and other damages. Depending on the circumstances, the truck driver, trucking company, parent company, and even the truck parts manufacturer may all be liable for your damages. You may also be able to recover compensation from your own insurance policy. Our tenacious legal team handles negotiations with insurance companies and pursues all possible avenues to help you get maximum compensation for your injuries and losses.
A Proven Track Record Of Success Recovering Compensation In Big Truck Accident Cases
Thomas, Conrad & Conrad has recovered millions of dollars for clients injured by tractor-trailers. Let our truck accident lawyers put their unmatched track record of success to work for you today. Some of our recent recoveries include:
- Lehigh County: $1.3 million recovery
- Philadelphia County: $4.5 million recovery
- Monroe County: $1,050,000 recovery
- After taking over the representation of a new client who was being represented by another Philadelphia personal injury attorney, our truck accident lawyers obtained a settlement well in excess of the amount the previous attorney had advised the client to accept. Specifically, the highest settlement offer before our involvement was $175,000. The client refused this settlement and instead retained Thomas, Conrad & Conrad to represent his interests. In less than one year’s time, we were able to recover the full $300,000 policy limit amount from the at-fault tractor trailer driver’s insurance company. In addition, our attorneys recovered $100,000 from the underinsured motorist coverage of the owner of the vehicle our client was driving at the time of the accident. Our attorneys were also able to collect $50,000 from the client’s own automobile insurance, even though his vehicle was not involved in the crash.
- In Lehigh County, Attorney Conrad took a commercial truck accident case to trial and successfully recovered a $670,000 judgment for a client who had suffered significant injuries but was able to go back to work and exercise in less than a year.
Contact A Truck Accident Attorney To Learn More
Being injured or losing a loved one in a truck accident can be a traumatic experience, but you don’t have to face it alone. Our truck accident lawyers will assist you every step of the way and fight to protect your rights. Call Thomas, Conrad & Conrad Law Offices at 610-867-2900 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.