If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, you need an attorney you can trust. At Thomas, Conrad & Conrad Law Offices, we are dedicated to helping injured victims recover the financial compensation they deserve. Our accident lawyers carefully assess your case to determine the best course of action for your specific situation. When we take on a case, our attorneys tirelessly fight for your rights and help you recover compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering and other applicable damages.
Types Of Accidents
Thousands of people are injured or killed in auto accidents every day. There are countless scenarios in which someone can become injured or lose their life. Our personal injury lawyers are well-versed in handling cases involving all types of accidents, including:
- Motorcycle: Whether you’ve been injured or have lost a loved one as a motorcyclist or an occupant of another vehicle, our personal injury attorneys have a proven track record of success when it comes to recovering maximum compensation in motorcycle accident cases.
- Tractor Trailer: Due to their excessive weight and size, 18-wheelers and other commercial vehicles can cause disastrous multicar pileups and fatal accidents. Recovering compensation for injuries or wrongful death due to a collision involving a tractor trailer requires the counsel of experienced accident lawyers who understand the ins and outs of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Act and state regulations.
- Drunk Drivers: When a motorist gets behind the wheel while under the influence, serious accidents and injuries can occur. If you’ve been the victim of an accident involving a drunk driver, you may be entitled to seek punitive damages in addition to compensatory damages.
- Hit & Run: Being injured in a hit-and-run accident can be stressful and confusing. Our accident attorneys can assist you with claims that may be covered by your PIP (personal injury protection) and uninsured motorist coverage under your own car insurance policy. Our legal team may also hire investigators who can help find the hit-and-run driver.
- Rideshare Accidents: Companies like Lyft and Uber have created a brave new world when it comes to personal injury claims. Although rideshare companies do provide some insurance coverage to passengers, it’s important to pursue all avenues of compensation to ensure your accident-related expenses and damages are fully covered. This may include filing a claim with the rideshare driver’s insurance company or even your own.
- Other Collisions: Inclement weather, distracted driving, and speeding are just a few factors that can lead to someone getting hurt or killed in a rollover, head-on, side-impact, rear-end, or single-car collision.
Types Of Injuries
Injuries sustained in accidents can have life-altering repercussions for victims and their families. Catastrophic injuries such as amputation, spinal cord injuries, severe burns, organ damage, and compound fractures or crushed bones often require lengthy hospital stays, multiple surgeries, rehabilitation, and ongoing care. Traumatic brain injuries can also cause permanent physical and cognitive issues that can turn a family’s lives upside down, both emotionally and financially. Victims may no longer be able to work or enjoy the quality of life they once had. These devastating conditions affect the whole family and may require costly lifelong care.
Even if you’ve suffered a milder injury like whiplash, it can cause chronic pain, headaches, and neck, and back problems. Piles of medical bills and time off from work can put you and your family in financial peril. That’s why you need a seasoned accident attorney by your side who will fight for your rights and help you seek full and fair compensation for your damages.
Losing a loved one is a traumatic experience, and it can be wrought with even more emotional pain and sadness when someone you love dies due to the negligence or wrongful actions of another. Dealing with the loss of a loved one may also have financial and practical implications that can throw your family into a tailspin.
The type and measure of compensable damages in a wrongful death claim vary depending on the specific circumstances. Pennsylvania law surrounding wrongful death is complex, and proving a wrongful death claim can be difficult. Although nothing can bring your loved one back, our experienced and compassionate accident lawyers understand how to determine the types and amounts of damages you may be entitled to recover.
Contact An Accident Attorney In Pennsylvania Today
If you’ve been injured or have lost a loved one in an accident, you don’t have to go it alone. Call Thomas, Conrad & Conrad Law Offices at 610-867-2900, or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.